Get your creative juices flowing
Express yourself and heal with creativity
Through integrative methods, art therapy engages the mind, body, and spirit in ways that are distinct from verbal articulation alone. Kinesthetic, sensory, perceptual, and symbolic opportunities invite alternative models of receptive and expressive communication, which can circumvent the limitations of language. Visual and symbolic expression gives voice to experience and empowers individual, communal, and societal transformation.
The key to art therapy is remembering it’s not the finished product that matters – it’s the process of creating, regardless of previous art experience, that promotes inner healing. Discover the benefits with a qualified Ellie Art Therapist near you.
What you can achieve with art therapy
You’ve likely seen the hype around adult coloring books as a self-labeled “stress relief method.” And the truth is that the act of creating art has many known therapeutic benefits that can be used alongside talk therapy and other mental health treatments to help you express yourself through a new outlet, discover a new healthy coping mechanism, and open the door for healing. Here is how Ellie can support you with art therapy.
- Become grounded in the present moment.
- Build emotional awareness and develop emotion regulation skills.
- Discover new ways to express yourself and your struggles.
- Gain confidence and build self-esteem through creating art.
- Cultivate a positive coping activity you can practice at home.
- Explore the sensory aspects of trauma, depression, anxiety, and more.
- Give your art therapist unique insight into what’s going on inside.
- Become more comfortable and accustomed to therapy sessions.
Ellie’s promise for your mental health care
We understand that therapy can be hard, and sometimes you just can’t find the words to express how you’re feeling. Art therapy is an effective way to communicate what’s going on in your mind and body and to process difficult emotions in a healthy, productive way. And best of all, you don’t need to be an artist to enjoy the benefits of art therapy! If you’re confused or unsure how the art therapy process works, no worries – we’ve got your back.
- We find innovative solutions that work: If art therapy is unfamiliar to you, it’s understandable that you’ve never considered the benefits it can provide. At Ellie, we’re determined to explore treatment options that we believe will be effective in helping you heal and grow – which can include art therapy for all ages.
- Your care is 100% confidential: Like therapy, art therapy can be difficult and uncomfortable. And we want you to feel comfortable creating art that truly expresses what you’re feeling inside. Be assured that everything you share or create in sessions is 100% between you and your therapist.
- We value what makes you, you: Remember that art therapy is for artists and non-artists alike. And that the goal isn’t to create something that could be hung up in a museum. Art therapy is about you, your journey, and your healing. We’re not here to judge your skills or your challenges – our goal is to understand how you’re feeling and provide a therapeutic experience that will help you meet your mental health goals.
- Your comfort matters to us: If you attend an art therapy session and are struggling to make something creative – no big deal. Just because art therapy often involves less talking than talk therapy, it can still be difficult to dig into yourself and express what’s going on. We’re here to ease and support you through this process. And our comfy therapy clinics are the perfect space to get comfy, unwind, and let your creative side get to work.
If you’re freaking the
It’s totally normal to feel overwhelmed. Come as you are
and find a therapist you can vibe with.