Therapy for Stress & Burnout
Get Unstuck and Thrive at Work and Home
Get Matched With a Therapist Who Can Help With Stress and Burnout
Do you dread going to work every morning? Do you wake up each morning overwhelmed by your never-ending to-do list? Would you give anything for a few moments of peace? Get matched with a therapist who can help you manage stress and get unstuck in your work and personal life.
Do You Feel Like Your Life Is Spiraling Out of Control?
Burnout and overwhelming, never-ending stress don’t happen overnight. While everyone feels stressed or unmotivated at times, burnout is often the outcome of prolonged, intense periods of having a plate that’s too full. Maybe you’re juggling a crazy school workload with a full-time job and stressful relationship – and you’ve finally reached your breaking point. Or maybe you feel immense pressure to take on more than you can handle and perform at 110% every day.
Of course, you don’t want to feel stressed. Have you tried to “get back on track” to no avail? How many times have you told yourself everything would be okay once you got through that one project or crazy season in life? If every day feels like an endless loop of stress, your mental and physical health will suffer, and you may experience the following:
- Overwhelming feelings of panic and dread
- Difficulty falling asleep or staying asleep
- Unhealthy stress-reducing behaviors
- Social withdrawal or relationship issues
- Chest pain, muscle aches, and headaches
- Low motivation and poor work performance
- Mood changes, irritability, and emotional outbursts
- Poor nutrition, exercise, and other self-care habits
The Goals of Stress and Burnout Therapy
Burnout and stress won’t just resolve on their own. There are many factors – both internal and external – that impact your stress levels, how you react to stress, and why you’re feeling burnt out. Your overall mental health, your work environment, your coping mechanism, and your communication skills all have a role to play. Your Ellie therapist will help you:
- Help you become aware of when you are beginning to feel overly stressed and showing signs of impending burnout.
- Identify what interpersonal and environmental factors are causing you to feel chronically stressed, burnt out, and overwhelmed.
- Develop healthy coping strategies and learn how to avoid negative thought and behavior patterns that contribute to poor mental health and more long-term stress.
- Learn how to set healthy boundaries in your life, recognize when your plate is full, and become comfortable with saying no.
- Evaluate your passions, values, and long-term goals and strategize how you can make purposeful changes to live a life you enjoy.
Let’s Work Through Stress and Burnout Together
Stress and burnout shouldn’t be a part of your everyday struggle. You need a work-life balance and a lifestyle that is manageable and enjoyable. We understand that sometimes you just feel stuck in your obligations – after all, you can’t just stop working, taking care of your kids, or keeping up with your house and errands. If you feel like there’s no way out, we’d love to help. We’re here to let you vent, look at the big picture of your mental health, and strategize together on ways you can realistically minimize stress and get the most out of life.