Therapy for Depression
Get Personalized Support for Depression
Get Matched With a Depression Therapist
Depression is one of the most common mental health disorders people struggle with, but depression doesn’t look the same for everyone. You need to join forces with a therapist who can learn to understand and treat you like the unique human you are. Ellie will help you find the perfect fit.
Feel Overwhelmed, Alone, or Completely Numb?
There are many reasons why you might experience depression, including irregularities with your brain, a history of trauma or painful experiences, poor emotional regulation, negative thought and behavior patterns, long-term stress, and major life disappointments or loss.
Depression can make life incredibly painful, and you might frequently have negative thoughts about yourself, your life, and others. You might feel that life is not worth it, that you’re too overwhelmed to take care of yourself, or that you have a constant weight on your chest. Depression can come in episodes or linger for long periods of time. When you are experiencing depression, you may notice a wide range of symptoms that get in the way of you living a happy and productive life:
- Lack of pleasure, joy, passion, or positive emotions
- Brain fog, difficulties concentrating, and feeling disconnected
- Overwhelming negative emotions, irritability, and anger
- Self-loathing, intense guilt or shame, and hopelessness
- Physical pain, including body aches, headaches, and nausea
- Feelings like you have no control or no way out
- Changes in your sleep, diet, self-care, and energy levels
- Thoughts of suicide or fantasies about death
The Goals of Depression Therapy
If you’ve been living with depression for some time, you may feel guilty for your pain. The goal of therapy isn’t to make you feel broken or sick. And we don’t believe there is a one-size-fits-all solution to helping you recover and enjoy life. The main goal of depression therapy is for us to listen, better understand why you’re feeling this way, and identify strategies that can help you heal. Your Ellie therapist will help you:
- Feel safe opening up about your past, your struggles, and the difficult thoughts and emotions you’re experiencing.
- Teach you how to become more self-aware of when you’re feeling depressed and how you’re depression makes you feel or act.
- Help you learn to accept and love your authentic self and how to set boundaries and/or eliminate toxic influences in your life.
- Set goals for your recovery and the future and identify achievable steps you can take to achieve them.
- Help you gain control of your mind by developing stronger interpersonal, emotional regulation, and communication skills.
Let’s Work Through Depression Together
Living with depression can feel painful, dark, and bleak. You might feel like you just need to push through the thoughts and feelings you’re experiencing, or maybe you can hardly get yourself out of bed. You might even be considering an escape. Reaching out for help can be hard, and it can take every effort to make the first step and reach out to a therapist. But your life is worth it, and therapy really can help. We’re here to listen and guide you to a happier, more fulfilling life.