Grief & Trauma Therapy
Find healing with professional support
Get matched with a grief and trauma therapist
Grief and trauma can be incredibly overwhelming. The death of a loved one or a traumatic experience can take you by surprise, and you may not know how to move forward. Ellie is here when you’re at you’re lowest – we’re here to listen without judgment and help you process your loss.
Feel like you’ll never be “okay” again?
How can you tell if you are handling your grief and trauma the “right” way? The truth is there isn’t one “normal” or “acceptable” way you’re supposed to feel right now. The way you grieve or handle trauma is unique to you, and your therapist can help you heal in a way that’s customized to your needs.
Most people will face major grief and trauma in their lives at some point or another, but not everyone processes these experiences the same. You might feel stuck, hopeless, depressed, and afraid – there is no limit to the range of emotions you might experience. Grief and trauma can have an intense and lasting impact on your life:
- Feeling overwhelmed by intense emotions
- Rumination about the loss or traumatic event
- Feeling lethargic, unmotivated, or emotionally numb
- Changes in your sleeping or eating habits
- Increased anxiety, fear, or feelings of lost control
- New relationship issues, withdrawal, or irritability
- Difficulty focusing and/or dealing with stress
- Hopelessness, depression, or suicidal thoughts
The goals of grief and trauma therapy
The goal of grief and trauma therapy isn’t to dishonor the loved one you lost or invalidate your traumatic experience. If you’re struggling to move on or feel like life isn’t worth living anymore, we’re not here to judge or chastise you for your pain. We want to listen, help you process what happened, and help you heal. Your Ellie therapist will help you:
- Discover a safe place where you can talk about your pain, your struggles, your hopes, and your goals for the future.
- Develop healthy coping mechanisms you can turn to when faced with triggers, depressing thoughts, or overwhelming emotions.
- Help your brain to reprocess traumatic or painful memories and minimize triggers through exposure and desensitization.
- Examine how grief and/or trauma are causing impairment in your life and help you gain stability and independence.
- Address complicated or painful reactions to grief and trauma, such as blame, guilt, denial, confusion, emptiness, or anger.
Let’s work through grief and trauma together
It might not feel like it right now, but there is hope for the journey ahead. While grief and trauma can make you feel like a shell of your former self, we’re to help you pave a new future. We’ll help you reconnect with your passions, your dreams, your goals, and your loved ones. Just know that wherever you’re at right now, you don’t have to do it alone. We’re here to walk this path with you and help guide you to a healthy place.
If you’re freaking the
It’s totally normal to feel overwhelmed. Come as you are
and find a therapist you can vibe with.