Ellie Mental Health has an opening for a new Payroll & Benefits Manager at our Mendota Heights Clinic – come and join the herd!
If you’re not just a Payroll and Bennies rockstar, but also a unicorn (either actually or just in your ability to stand out from all the rest in this field), read on and click that “Apply” button!
Who the heck is Ellie?
Ellie Mental Health is a bad @ss, rapidly growing mental health and wellness agency based out of the Twin Cities and serving multiple communities throughout Minnesota. We take a fresh, no bullsh!t approach to helping others through individual, family, and group therapy services, assessments, med management, ARMHS, CTSS, and other unique therapy modalities through our Rule 29 clinics. Ellie Staff pride themselves on being an innovative and creative team that works collaboratively with clients and community providers to deliver the most comprehensive and personalized treatment to all clients. We’re proud to be one of the businesses granted the title of “Top Workplace” by Star Tribune for two years in a row (2021 & 2022), an award that’s voted on by our own employees!
In short, we’re just people helping people! (And, technically, right now we’re also people hiring people…) Wonderful BIPOC & LGBTQ+ humans are encouraged to apply.
Responsibilities & Duties
Here’s what we expect from our Payroll & Benefits Manager:
- Utilize ADP to manage and administer to bi-weekly payroll, ensuring timely and accurate distribution of pay and deductions
- Administer to payroll updates including new hires, terminations, and changes to rates of pay
- Implement, maintain, and review payroll processing systems to ensure timely and accurate processing of payroll transactions including salaries, benefits, garnishments, taxes, and other deductions
- Ensure payroll compliance with federal, state, and local payroll wage and hour laws
- Ensure timely completion of all payroll tax reporting requirements and the issuance of W-2s
- Annual compliance reporting
- Oversee and administer company benefit plans including health, retirement, and disability plans
- Participate in all benefit reviews with the insurance broker and Ellie leadership to assess benefit costs and determine offerings
- Manage the open enrollment process and ensure an informative and efficient enrollment experience
- Assist with onboarding to communicate payroll and benefit information
- Serve as the benefit expert, answer employee questions and manage and approve QLEs
- Communicate all enrollment changes to benefit vendors and adjust payroll deductions accordingly
- Distribute mandatory plan documents and notices in accordance with federal, state, and local regulatory agencies
- Reconcile monthly paid benefit billings to payroll records, approve payment for sponsored benefits, and identify and resolve billing and/or payroll discrepancies
- Administer company 401(k) plan
- Ensure and administer to compliance for COBRA
- Complete all necessary benefit audits and reports as per federal, state, and local regulations
Qualifications & Skills
What you should be able to bring to the table:
- A Bachelor’s degree and/or 5+ years of payroll administration experience
- 5+ years of employee benefits administration experience
- CPP or CEBS certification a plus
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Strong technical competencies and ADP experience preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Commitment to ensuring a positive and rewarding employee pay and benefit experience
What we have to offer you:
- Flexible work location (we know that you’re still great at what you do whether you’re in sweatpants or real pants…)
- Competitive compensation packages
- Comprehensive and affordable Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 401(k) matching
- Long Term Disability, Short Term Disability, and Life Insurance
- Paid time off (including Juneteenth and 1 day the week of your birthday)
- Awesome team building activities (like parties, not like trust falls…) and sweet Ellie swag
- Incredible learning & development opportunities
- The ability to do meaningful, challenging work on a fun and collaborative team
Ellie Family Services, PLLP provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran by following applicable federal, state and local laws. Ellie Family Services, PLLP complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Ellie Family Services, PLLP expressly prohibits any form of unlawful harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, genetic information, disability or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Ellie Family Services, PLLP employees to perform their expected job duties is not tolerated. Violation of this policy may lead to progressive coaching up to and including the possibility of termination.