Responsibilities & DutiesPosition Overview for Clinic Director — Ellie Mental Health The Clinic Director (CD) is responsible for the overall performance and operations of the clinic. The Clinic Director manages staff performance, hires and recruits clinical staff to meet staffing expectation and clinical revenue needs, provides all training and ongoing developmental support, is accountable to meeting clinic’s fiscal goals, develops and sustains relationships with referral partners, and provides ongoing administrative and clinical oversight. The Clinic Director works collaboratively with their Franchise Owner.
Qualifications & SkillsRequired Skills/Abilities
- Master’s Degree or higher education in mental health discipline.
- Independently licensed with a state-issued clinical practice license (e.g., LISCW, LMFT, LPCC, LP).
- Strong leadership, problem-solving, and executive skill sets
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong working knowledge of state requirements regulating mental health practice
- Working understanding of human resource principles, practices, and procedures
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and changing environment
- Proficient with Microsoft 365 applications, including Office Suite, Outlook, and Teams
- Adept at learning and navigating Electronic Health Record systems
- Reporting & Supervision
- Clinic Director reports to Franchise Owner
- All clinic therapists report to Clinic Director
- Hiring, Training, and Staff Management
- Oversee the hiring process for all therapists at their clinic
- Provide all training for clinic new hires, ensuring all required Ellie Mental Health clinical and operational policies and procedures are taught and followed
- Assess ongoing development and training needs and conduct ongoing training as needed
- Hold staff compassionately accountable to meeting performance expectations
- Manage staff performance, including implementing Performance Coaching, Performance Improvement Plans, and termination process as needed
- Manage basic clinic Human Resource tasks
- Supervision and Consultation
- Participate in Clinic Director Peer Consult Group
- Provide 1:1 consultation with all therapy staff to review productivity, caseload, and clinical documentation
- Minimum interval for licensed provider: One hour once monthly
- Minimum interval for unlicensed provider: One hour twice monthly
- Oversee twice monthly peer consultation groups to ensure clinical excellence and alignment with best practices
- Provide clinical oversight to clinic’s Mental Health Practitioners and Professionals, including signing clinical documentation for pre-licensed providers
- Clinic Oversight
- Provide training, staff development, and administrative oversight to support the functioning of the clinic
- Collaborate with franchise owner and Ellie Mental Health corporate staff (as needed) to implement strategies for fiscal and clinical efficiency
- Monitor and manage clinic office schedules and office supplies
- Provide timely response to concerns raised by clients, clinicians, or external stakeholders
- Serve as point of contact for building management related issues or concerns
- Spearhead clinic’s community outreach and engagement efforts, in collaboration with franchise owner and consistent with guidance from Ellie Corporate Outreach Team
- Collaborate with Ellie Corporate Marketing Team to promote clinic’s online visibility
- Collaborate with franchise owner and Ellie Corporate Team to implement all required policies and procedures
- Identify opportunities to improve client care, quality, and effectiveness, and implement changes in collaboration with franchise owner
- Other duties as assigned
About Ellie Ellie Mental Health is a successful mental health corporation headquartered in Minnesota. Ellie has recently begun to franchise their model to local owners across the nation. The Ellie model focuses on flexibility, innovative decision-making, creativity, and putting our people first, while remaining a socially conscious and responsible for-profit business focused on changing how we treat mental health. Ellie provides a unique client–therapist matching system to ensure clients get a therapist who is a good fit. Our model also ensures that every person who calls gets a call back within 24 hours. And we go the extra mile to make sure our clinic spaces are warm and inviting. At Ellie, we also believe in taking care of our people. From investing in their financial future, to providing wages that shatter the ceiling in our industry to reasonable caseload expectations, we want our people to be happy because happy employees do better work and provide better client care!
Ellie Family Services, PLLP provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran by following applicable federal, state and local laws. Ellie Family Services, PLLP complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Ellie Family Services, PLLP expressly prohibits any form of unlawful harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, genetic information, disability or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Ellie Family Services, PLLP employees to perform their expected job duties is not tolerated. Violation of this policy may lead to progressive coaching up to and including the possibility of termination.